The Connecticut Art Trail Pass
Getaway from your daily routine!
Visit fifteen world-class museums and historic sites
throughout Connecticut and the lively communities in which they reside.
PURCHASE THE PASS
Bruce Museum - Greenwich, CT
Greenwich Historical Society/Bush-Holley Historic Site - Cos Cob/Greenwich, CT
Weir Farm National Historic Site - Wilton/Ridgefield, CT
Center for Contemporary Printmaking - Norwalk, CT
Greater New Haven
Yale Center for British Art - New Haven, CT
Yale University Art Gallery - New Haven, CT
The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum - Ridgefield, CT
Mattatuck Museum - Waterbury, CT
Florence Griswold Museum - Old Lyme, CT
Lyman Allyn Art Museum - New London, CT
Slater Memorial Museum, Norwich Free Academy Campus - Norwich, CT
The William Benton Museum of Art, University of CT - Mansfield/Storrs, CT
Hill-Stead Museum - Farmington, CT
New Britain Museum of American Art - New Britain, CT
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art - Hartford, CT
Just follow the Connecticut Art Trail!
Explore the Connecticut Art Trail ... fifteen world-class museums and historic sites from bucolic farms, art studios and former artists' boarding houses to grand and modern art museums in vibrant downtowns. Discover diverse, quality collections rich in history and heritage, including European masterpieces, American Impressionism, ancient art and contemporary culture.
Purchase the ART PASS for $25 and visit all 15 museums for one low price, valid for ONE YEAR.
Now more than ever, it's easy to make the Connecticut Art Trail the centerpiece of your next travel experience. Visit each museum's page for recommended lodging, dining and area attractions near each museum, Packages for special lodging deals and Trail Getaways for recommended itineraries.
ART TRAIL BY RAIL
The Art Trail by Rail Waterbury package starts at $139/couple* and includes:
- Deluxe overnight accommodations for two at the Courtyard by Marriott in Waterbury (http://www.marriott.com/hvncy). All rooms feature luxurious pillowtop mattress and comfort bedding, free high speed internet access, flat screen TV.
- Full Breakfast for two at the hotel’s Courtyard Café.
- Round-trip MTA train tickets from Grand Central Station, NYC to Waterbury (New Haven Line). Tickets are valid peak or non-peak. Call Yellow Cab, Waterbury, if you wish pick-up at the station (203) 754-5151.
- Two admission passes to the Mattatuck Museum (www.mattatuckmuseum.org) whose art galleries house a permanent collection of work by Connecticut artists from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, and whose history gallery presents the story of the region – from farming community to industrial giant, to the modern day.
- Self-guided architectural walking tours of historic downtown Waterbury with MP3 audio guide and map (link to http://www.mainstreetwaterbury.com/content/193/492.aspx ), showcasing buildings designed by some of the country’s leading architects including Henry Bacon (Lincoln Memorial), Cass Gilbert (U.S. Supreme Court), Cesar Pelli and McKim, Mead & White. Eight tours have been created, each taking 20-40 minutes. Pick up audio guides and maps at the Mattatuck Museum.
For evening entertainment, walk to the historic Palace Theater for a live performance (http://www.palacetheaterct.com/). Tickets are optional and are not included in the package.
To reserve the Art Trail by Rail Waterbury package, call the hotel at (203) 596-1000 or (800) 321-2211. Ask for promotional code VLKY. For more information, visit the hotel’s website (link to: http://www.marriott.com/hvncy.)
*Package is based on availability. Black out dates may apply. 12% lodging tax and breakfast gratuity not included.
Smb/Courtyard Marriott Waterbury Art Trail by Rail package 04/10/10
For a detailed description of each museum, dining and area attractions, special lodging packages and travel suggestions visit www.arttrail.org.